Saturday 10 December 2011

December 2011


It's fairly clear by looking out of the window that it is winter and riding a bike outside is far less fun than it was only a fortnight ago. I am struggling to find the motivation to ride on my own at the moment so I am doing some good group rides on the weekends but I'm feeling a bit slack during the week. I have tried to do a bit of running and keep saying I'll go swimming for some cross training but both are dull and result in pain the next day so I have not yet acted on this. Maybe next week! I feel sorry for Emma, and actually any cycling widows, because my motivation to do anything, tidy up, shave, go to work, even get up in the morning, is seriously lacking. Without training and racing I am not great company! Mind you, neither is she without her horse so at least it works both ways with us!
My mood is lifted slightly when I consider that it is only a couple of weeks until the turn of the year and I can start training again. The plan from there is to start putting in some big miles on the weekends and riding to work with the hope of recovering some of my endurance which has been severely lacking this season.
With the race dates, as they appear to be, all crammed into the first half of next season, I am considering setting myself a new goal for later in the year. The final XC race looks to be early August giving me at least a month before the Kielder100. I'm not sure if it's possible to become a marathon racer in that time but I may have to give it a go. There are also rumors of a National Marathon Champs next year but they haven't been specific enough to suggest a date for that yet so I will have to wait and see how that falls.
Over the next few weeks and months I will also try to add a bit more content to this site/website and add some reviews of the kit I use. I will also keep it updated with any sponsor related news as and when I get it. At the moment I have a couple of personal sponsors but I am always on the look out for more!

2 comments:

  1. National Marathon champs have been confirmed as 19-20 May at Selkirk. If they use the same route as the Merida 100 (or whatever it is nowadays) it should be great.
    I won't be there though. It clashes with the 24hr World Champs at Finale Ligure. Which one are you going to choose?
    Andy H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think it'll just be the Marathon champs for me. Concentrating more on XC and I think there is a national the following weekend.

    ReplyDelete