Friday 2 March 2012

Giant Radlett Tuesday Turbo Spinning

Getting sweaty at Giant Store Radlett
Normally Radlett would be too far for me to travel for a spinning class but as luck would have it I was visiting a client in the region so thought it would be rude not to drop into the shop for their weekly class. I love bike shops as a rule but the Giant Store is up there as one of my favourites because they have some seriously trick bikes including the XTC Composite 29er 1 (the matt black finish looks very cool and isn’t done justice in pictures) and the TCR Advanced. I left my wallet in the car intentionally so that I couldn’t spend any money!

As for the spinning, it’s a weekly class run by Steph, one of the shops sponsored triatheletes. There were only 5 of us there, including store manager, Dan, and 3 other regulars. It was basically an hour of pain with 11 (not 10 as advertised) 1 minute sprints with 2 minute recovery and finished off with 1x5 min and 1x10 min TT efforts. The emphasis of spinning is to push as hard as you want so if you are less fit you can still get a lot out of the session by using lower gears (like Dan, who hardly broke a sweat) or if you are super fit you can engage in an hour of ‘big ring’ mashing! I was still very stiff and tired from Sunday’s race so I didn’t push 100% but it was good to get the heart and lungs pumping and flush the lactate out of my muscles.

If you are in the area and want a good workout I would strongly recommend you drop into the shop and book yourself in. You don’t even need a bike or a turbo; I just borrowed a very nice TCR and a turbo for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment